Friday, September 19, 2008

Feeling Tanks

Hi...
2nd post in a day!!!..Was on leave today...so empty mind is a devil's workshop!
Some 5 odd years back, we had a presentation in class regarding some OB topic...something on EQ..I remember faintly that the classmate was talking about "Feeling tanks in a human being". Every feeling that arises in our mind or heart has a tank (in literal sense a "level")associated with it..be it love, friendship, care, belongingnessetc.
If a person is goin overboard with any of these emotions, it simply implies that his love/friendship tank is overflowing which could be damaging to the relationship...We all know expressing one's feelings is the right thing, but hold on guys...sometimes it may lead to "The End". A simple example could be like not giving individual space in a relationship or extreme possessivness...So, we should try and balance out our feelings to avoid them overflowing and maintaing our relationship.
But at most times in life our tanks are overflowing with respect to atleast one individual be it your best friend, your partner, siblings etc..Its happened with me in the past and the relationships have gone a bit hay-wire with uncomfortable situations arising.
I was able to sense a similar feeling with one of my very dear friend whom I met just a few months back in life and was really glad to meet her. I din't want to damage this relationship, so I just left our friendship the way it is without seeking any clarifications, reasoning , setting any expectations etc...Maybe with time, it will all be fine!!!And maybe all these feelings within me are just a figment of my imagination, reason being the overflowing tanks!. Hope the spilling from my tanks does not affect the relation.
Ciao ppl!!!
Ciao life!!!

No comments: