Tuesday, October 16, 2007

This is my review....

Hi all
Ya did see Laga chunari mein daag....and wid the college friend (refer my earlier post for the utter confusion )...i will try and give u guys my take on the movie...before i had gone 4 the movie...i had read TOI review which was a measley 2 star...so i was cursing myself for booking the tickets before the reviews (and thanks to the multiplexes...for the exorbitant rates they charge, that u end up feeling guilty!!!!)...Sunday morning, as soon as I read TOI review, i logged onto the net and read up a few other reviews...and all gave a simlar sob story. I was feeling horribly that i will have 2 sit for this 3 hour torcher....but the fact that i was going with my dearest friend eased me off......
And somehow I liked the movie..it's not that bad as the reviews have made it out to be...it's got amazing performances and a sound story line (I mean, the story is ok but has got it's own reflections and hindsights to it.)
The performances were actually mind blowing...
Rani Mukherjee was perfect...(haven't seen Black in theatres, so am not comparing and whatever little i saw on TV was not making too much sense to me, so i switched it off thinking that I will not be doing justice to the movie which is so well acclaimed..)
Konkana was very graceful...she reminds me of Kajol...has got her own dark looks charm and i am glad she made it big in this "fair n lovely" India.
Junior AB, can't describe him in words....because I cross my hearts and say that I love him....he was hardly there in 2-3 shots and a song....but made his presence felt...dunno about others but on my heart it did....Luv him like crazy and a am jealous of the Miss World besides him...
Kunal Kapoor comes across as a stud...and he is no doubt...acting skill are awesome ...did remind me of RDB..
Mrs. Bacchan was as usual - the silent, serene and composed persona...ya sh did have certain very hard dialogues but wid few words...and she did a 110% job...Anupam Kher was the father still looking out for a male child and his character hurt me--that means he did his job the best..
The story was very real I guess...and can say real because have a read a few books on this subject which are true stories...It just boils down to one thing " U make choices in life, there is no such thing as destiny or luck". Rani Mukherjee's character makes a choice as a woman and she lives with it completely....There's lot of strength and weakness in her character which is potrayed beautifully...It was all about Survival and not for this time it was not about survival of the fittest but survival of the weakest.....It just shows the kind of work people can take up for nothing but simple, Right to a normal living...it was saddening....
Abhishek did act very well, but it was the most artificaial role in the movie, because Indian men are yet to come of age to behave as what he did...Indian men still would prefer beauty over brains. So be it, Iam not complaining, they have their choices to make but in the meantime if they could just peep within themselves and think that they are in the 21st century and should try and walk hand in hand and not keep her behind at every stage in life.....Let me not get too nervy with some of these MCP's.....I will give them their desired break....
Another thing that has caught my attention lately is the "Lead India" initative. Liked the concept. Hope it's all transparent and fair and somehow i belive that it is fair. The 3 mumbai finalists are very smart leaders....having the right mix of determination, confidence, attitude,managerial skills and all of it. Their passion is too mind boggling and would really luv to imbibe myself with those qualitties...hats off to Rahul Bose, Monica M, Ujjawal B. They have done great work in their individual capacities..especially Ujjawal who kiked his fat salary job to work in a NGO...This is what i call passion. Kudos!!!!!!!!
feeling sleepy.....i sleep like a log now-a-days.....(am vacationing :-))will try and post more on them later....bbye...
ciao

No comments: